The BlogView the archives...
Go back to the recent posts.
Wow, what a month! So, here's me dropping a line to my loyal few readers: Thanks for reading! There will be more posts coming soon. :) Since I last posted, here's what I've been up to:
- We had a couple of job interviews, then we were offered probably the best jobs we could have gotten! We get to work at the same school together, and we'll be in Suwon, just 25-ish miles soutwest of Seoul.
- I've been a little gopher these last few weeks, running around getting our paperwork apostilled and coordinating drop off points with family and friends (otherwise, we have to pay for someone to do the service in person for us).
- I've been running a bunch of awesome sales, and everyone seems to be taking advantage of them! The shop has been pretty busy, and it keeps getting busier.
- I wrote a guest blog for Darn Good Yarn. Go over there and read it, use your stash, try something new, and perhaps stay for a bit and shop!
- I've been making significant advances in my special top secret plan, and I'll hopefully be able to make an announcement in a month or so. There's still a lot of work I need to get done for it before I slip the details. :D
Oh right, and I went to The Fiber Event in Greencastle, IN. That was so much fun, though really exhausting. I drove there and back both days to save on hotel and food bills, but as a result, I only got 6 hours of sleep Friday night. I also successfully learned how to spin using the longdraw method, which has been alluding me for 2 years now! I'll have to practice more to make sure my body learns the motions.
I also got some nice samples of wool from a couple of vendors, one of which didn't have a card so I can't give her credit! I'll just send a big 'thank you' out into the internet void. I'll post pictures of those samples when I find them..they're probably still on my camera, and I'm just blind. The alpaca fleece I bought for really cheap is absolutely beautiful! I'll have to devote a full post to that once I get a sample of it all spun up--got it washed and carded, but then I got busy again!
Sorry for the long spurt between the last post and this post, but I_will_get the chance to write more when we've done all of our moving. Starting the last week or two or May, I'll get to my fiber reviews since I have people waiting. I keep staring at their awesome fiber and it's tempting me like potato chips (yeah, that's my biggest weakness!). I'm thinking that I might do a cross-cultural view of the arts and crafts in Korea, but we'll see how much time I have after I consider everything else I want to do!